Friday, March 28, 2014

MHB- Week Eighteen- Struggling

 Another week has completely zoooooomed by. I'm still sick and I can hardly believe it! But I did my best and worked out three of the five days. This week could be totally described as a bit of a struggle, emotionally and physically. I'm emotionally feeling down because my sweet girl is having a hard time adjusting to daycare life. I'm physically defeated because of this damn cold. I feel so tuckered out by the end of the work day but I am staying positive and pushing through. That's all I can really do, right!?

MONDAY-

 Day 1- Fight Conditioning. The first set of pictures are of me striking, the second ones are of me shooting. I was still pretty stuffed up on Monday so after this workout I was feeling so, so, so tuckered. I laid on my workout mat and just caught my breath before I dragged my butt into the shower to get on with the rest of my day.. Big heavy sigh.

TUESDAY-

Day 2- Cardio. Well I finally got back into the gym. I felt alright. Energized would be a bit of a stretch with this cold lingering. But I went and that's what counts. I did the infamous Cardio Machine Workout but will have some different cardio ideas from my good friend Lisa at Happy Fit . She offered to help me out and I am taking her on that offer as soon as this cold gets the hell out of here and I have more energy and a little more time!

WEDNESDAY- 

 Day 3- I skipped the Fight Conditioning workout. I slept in a little bit and it felt a-mazing! Alina had an equally a-mazing day with her Baba. She's been pretty upset at daycare everyday this week and then her day with Baba was incredible. We took some pictures before I went to work and then I took a shot of my walk to work! A good day and I feel like not working out was a good idea. This cold is brutal and lingering and a day off of working out is just what I needed.

THURSDAY-

Day 4- Cardio. I did go to the gym this morning. It was the usual cardio machine workout but I decided to incorporate some different exercises in between the running. Rob had a terrible sinus headache this morning and he stayed home from school today. We decided to walk Alina to daycare together this morning. On the way to work, I quickly snapped an early morning picture of us. Then in the evening I took a selfie with Alina and a glass of wine. Why not, right!?

FRIDAY-

Day 5- It was Strength and Endurance. I woke up feeling like the first picture in my collage; like crap! My head was really stuffy and I just knew that working out as hard as I do, wouldn't help me feel better today. Next week MUST be better. I think it's possible that I have been working myself a wee bit too hard and that's partially why my cold is sticking around. I need to focus this weekend on getting better and then I can back into the full time working out! I dropped an egg on the kitchen floor when I was rushing around and had to take a picture because it's the first time I've ever done that, surprisingly. It's jeans day at the store today, so I straightened my hair and put some puuurdy earrings in to make this dreary, wet spring day a happier one!

Happy Friday all- I have no new tunes that I've been listening to, so I'm going to skip out of Yoga Pants' Friday link up today. Have a happy weekend!

When you are feeling down and out do you push yourself to do more or do you let your body rest?
Would you participate in jeans day even if you got to wear comfy scrubs all week?

 If you want to check out how I started this entire Mission Hot Bod- check out my progress from the very beginning;

MHB- Week 1     MHB-Week 2     MHB-Week 3     MHB-Week 4     MHB-Week 5                                                                                                                                                         
MHB-Week 6     MHB-Week 7     MHB-Week 8     MHB-Week 9     MHB-Week 10    

MHB-Week 11     MHB-Week 12   MHB- Week 13   MHB-Week 14  MHB-Week15

MHB-Week 16     MHB- Week 17






4 comments:

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

You look great today!! I hope you are feeling better soon. Love that picture with Alina and the wine - and her little sheep blanket! I think things can only go up from here!!
Oh, and I'd still totally wear jeans...they are my favourite!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a trooper. Hope you feel better soon! Oh and I love the Aline and wine selfie!

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better soon! Sam swears that eating kiwis help you get over colds better but I am not convinced.... x

Jade Wright said...

I'm so sorry to hear Alina is finding this adjustment difficult! I hope she makes some friends soon and discovers the joys of daycare... I also really hope that you get well soon! :(

Oh I also would love to say that Alina's hair is getting gorgeous. The pics in her high chair are stunning.

Sorry to hear about the egg drop and the way your day started out - you looked gorgeous nonetheless!!!

You had WINE. Not fair. It is Day 5 of no wine for Jade....... urgh. That about sums it up while all my friends are out at bars.

If I feel down that is usually when I'm most motivated to exercise and push myself.

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com