Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wanna Read My Journal? Vol. 2


 I decided to grab one of my journals and flip through the pages to see if there was anything worth sharing. What I gathered from that time in my life (1997-98) was that Rudi and I spent a lot of time together. I would often go with him to work on Sundays in his big truck. We would drive through the bush dropping off and picking up heavy machinery. I seemed to enjoy our time spent together and that's nice. I also see that that particular year my mom went on a couple of vacations and I clearly missed her terribly. I loved my sister but always commented on how crabby she could be. HAHA- that one just makes me laugh.

 I prayed a lot. I prayed that my family members I was away from would be safe. I visited my dad and his family often. One thing I never thought of, was that my step brothers probably read my journal all of the time. My parents were amazing when it came to respecting my privacy but that gave me a false sense of trust everywhere I went!  I had a crush on my older step brother for years. How embarrassing! I bet he knew...

 My grades were good, I spent a lot of time talking about my friends and I often complained about 'sucky, boring' weekend days. The usual.


The beginning part of that entry is irrelevant. The chant that I wrote down was something I now totally remember singing when I used to play baseball. What. The. Hell. I have always been proud of the fact that I played baseball as a little girl, rather than ballet or swimming. (Not that there's anything wrong with those activities.) But my goodness.. talk about a totally sexist, ridiculous song for the little girls to sing about themselves. Song translation: I'm a stupid girl. Gah- Haley!!


 1998 which means I was ... still 12. What the hell am I doing talking about boys kissing me 'passionately'?! I was a really good kid. I didn't really kiss a boy until I was in grade nine and it was my first ever, real boyfriend. But, I can't believe I was already going to birthday parties and kissing boys as dares! I totally forgot about my 12 year old, rebellious self! I like my list of boys I'd 'date'.. If you don't like him 12 Year Old Me; don't date him! And by date him I mean say you're dating him but never, ever look or talk to him again. The boy that kissed you "passionately" made you feel like he liked you all throughout elementary and right up until after graduation. You never ended up together, but you always had cool chemistry.


 Oh poor sweet Doodle! I still feel guilty about his death. I was a bad hamster owner and failed to always clean his cage regularly. He did end up getting some 'dirty cage disease' and finally died from it.. It was totally my fault and I hope he is still up there 'having fun in his clouds'.. I had a way with words back then. I should have written animal eulogies. Nailed it.

 Were you as boy crazy as a little girl as I was?! 
I swear I always drew a picture of my animals in the clouds when they died. I plan to find them ALL and post each time they died just to show off those AWESOME animal cloud pictures.

 




5 comments:

Areeba said...

This funky hand writing! Love it! I have so many journals from year 2010 and I can't believe how awkward my old self was. And yes, every girl talks about her crush in her journal, at least for once. I have given my crush a secret name .... TEAL! So even if he reads, he'd never know!

Rachel said...

I was 100% anti-boys, boys are stupid and evil and they better stay away from me....for a very long time. Honestly, my parents were SHOCKED when I was nice to Angel and before him were pretty sure I was going to be an old maid. I was mean to any guy who so much as even thought about having a crush on me. :P Cruel Rachel. The list of boys you would date if they asked you cracked me up.

Amanda said...

I was always boy obsessed. Luckily that got seriously toned down in high school. But I think I had my first "boyfriend" when I was 5. It's because he gave me an awesome hairbow for my birthday :) x

Noor Unnahar said...

Your handwriting look SO cute. Like some font. I still write a diary but my old diaries contained how I should act in future.

Kerri Christie said...

I just found some of my journals from when I was in grades 7-9 and I was so embarrassed by how ridiculously boy-crazy I was. It was borderline just crazy. ha ha! Although what else is there to do in small town Alberta in the middle of winter! I was such a goody-two-shoes though!